- President: Mark Caspe
- Secretary: Melvin Mutch
- Treasurer: Mike Sanossian
- VP Operations: John Igoe
- Program Committee co-Chairman: Ron Dempster
- Program Committee co-Chairman: Brian VanWeele
- Facilities Committee Chairman: Bill Korsgren
- Education & Prof.Dev. Committee Chair: John Spauldig
- VP Member Services: Walt Riethmeier
- industry & Company Coordinator: Wally Kruse
- E&C Coordinator: Doug Mitchell
- Membership Committee Chairman: Ken Hartley
- Public Relations Committee: Bill Bowen
- Chairman: Fred A. Hollenbach, Behtel
- George McCoy, Guy F. Atkinson Co
- Steven White, Bechtel Corporation
- Bengt Saumelson, Fluor Mining & Metals
- G.Bryce Benneett, Int'l Eng.Co Inc
- Victor Cole, Kaiser Engineers, Inc
- Robert Verner, Davy McKee & Co
- Paul Gilbert, PBQ&D
- Walter Costa, Skid, Owings & Merill
- Emest Moore, SRI International
- William Brusher, Standard Oil of CA
- John Fondahl, Stanford University
In response to the requests and suggestions of PMI-NCC Members, the 1979-80 Program will focus on the review of specific projects including project financing, ,planning, and obtaining environmental clearances. Project directors and individuals prominent in the organization and planning of projects will present their views of these projects and provide out PMI-NCC membership with opportunities to compare approaches and evaluate how each impacts on their projects.
Dinner meeting attendance exceeds 100; Dinner @ 6:00, program 7:00-9:00 pm.
Dinner mtg Program /Speaker
9/19/79 SF's Wastewater Management Program / Mr. A.Perini from SF Wastewater Mgmt Program
10/17/1979 Mgmt& Environmental Issues: 1000-mi pipeline (PASTEX) / J. Miller from Standard Oil of Ohio
11/14/79* Use of "Fast Track" to Achieve Deadlines / Dr. T.Elioff from Lawrence Berkeley Lab
1/16/80 Project Finance and Administration / J. Bondoux (Bechtel), J. Lepere (IECO), P.Nevitt (BofA Leasing)
2/20/80 Regulatory Constrains & what PM Can Do About Them / J. Havard (Kaiser E.), R. Juels (S.Cal Edison)
3/19/80 Major Projects: Feasibility, Funding, Restraints & Actions / TBA
4/16/80 Major Projects: Views on Various Aspects of Implementation / PMI-NCC Member Panel
5/21/80 ** Probing theFuture - Forecast of PM Challenges in the Future / TBA
* A Field trip and site visit of the Positron Electron Project (PEP) at Stanford University preceded the meeting; Joint Chapter meeting - North Bay and South Bay, and SRI
** Also Joint Chapter meeting - North Bay and South Bay, and SRI
A South Bay Sections holds a similar schedule of events oriented to the interests of the South Peninsula members.
Published brochure with: "Our Background", dinner meetings location, schedule, programs, Advisory Committee and Executive Committee. The brochure also stated that "Details of each month's program and speakers will be mailed about three weeks before each meeting".
Jul 6-8, 1979 4th Annual Asilomar regional Conference - "Building and Sustaining the Project Team"
Included a Friday afternoon tutorial as an option; 15 people attended fro Japan
Nov' 79, Tokyo, Japan: 1 week seminar to the Engineering Advancement Association of Japan. Conducted by Ron Dempster of Bechtel Corporation under the auspices of PMI-NCC (93 attendees)
South Bay Lecture Series (Designed to generate more interest in PM in electronics, aerospace and manufacturing and also be a source of funding). Sat Nov 10, 1979, 8:00-5:30, Santa Clara - 1 day workshop "Training the Project Manager"
Membership was over 200, according to brochure; Dues: $35 (national $25, local $10)
Chapter Awards: "Chapter of the Year" award! 1979